- Plan your move 4-6 weeks in advance.
- Decide on packing days.
- Arrange alternative accommodation and prepare flight details.
- Plan to move family pets.
- Estimate replacement values, arrange insurance with Moving Aggregator.
- Prepare letters of introduction & records for new schools.
- Arrange for the sale or disposal of unwanted furniture.
- Send change of address cards to: Post Office, Tax authorities, Banks, Insurance, Friends & family, Schools Subscriptions, Credit card companies, Employer, Medical records, Vehicle license.
- Obtain all visas or entry permits for the country you're moving to.
- Check passport validity.
- Disconnect all electrical appliances.
- Empty, clean, drain refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, leave to dry to avoid bad odors & bacterial growth.
- Vacuum all carpets & rugs, dispose of perishable food & plants.
- Transfer bank accounts and settle outstanding bills.
- Cancel all services: Domestic staff, Gas, Electricity, Water, Telephone, Newspaper delivery, Groceries
- When our truck arrives: show our crew leader the whole house, including the garage & the attic. Advice our packing crew. Arrange supervision for pets and children.
- Keep all paperwork in document kit, for safe keeping.
- Use disposable table ware, prepare simple meal or order out.
- Clearly mark any items not part of the removal.
- When departing residence turn off all lights & appliances.
- Securely lock all doors and windows.
Moving for the best!